Locate’n’Spray™ is a new, fully automated teat spray system designed and produced by Ambic for rotary milking systems. It is capable of achieving both high teat hit rates and excellent levels of teat coverage without excessive chemical consumption. Integration with the milking system’s process control system automates the process to the point where it effectively eliminates the need for an operator at the ‘cups off’ stage system. It thereby combines significant labour cost savings with improved levels of teat and udder health care.
Locate’n’Spray™ is a patented* new system which is the culmination of several years of intensive Research and Development work which builds on Ambic’s vast experience in the manual teat spraying market; it has culminated in a new, fully automated teat spray system which helps ensure effective udder health and optimum teat condition. The process control and repeatability provided by this automated spray system ensures both high teat end hit rates and high levels of teat coverage which have been shown in research to exceed manual teat spraying for improved teat and udder health. It is capable of achieving excellent teat coverage without excessive chemical consumption. The Locate’n’Spray™ system can be customised to suit individual needs as follows:
- Choice of Pre-Spray, Post-Spray or Pre-and Post- Spray configurations to suit different teat spray and udder health regimes
- 4 or 8 nozzle technology to ensure appropriate teat coverage
- Adjustable spray duration to regulate spray consumption
- Option of double hit spray to improve teat coverage
- Optimum cow positioning based on Locator™ Research & Development findings to position and present teats for effective spraying
- Stand-alone system or OEM systems integration options available to suit a range of rotary milking system designs